• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded PDF within Muse

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I would like to embed an interactive PDF within a webpage. My issue is that when it displays I don't want the PDF viewer to display the toolbars - items such as rotate, print, download etc. I just want the user to see the zoom in and out buttons. It will be used on an interactive screen in an office where we want to restrict what the user can do with the PDF. Does anyone know of a solution or work around for this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Actually, most of what you're asking about is possible with the PDF Embedder (Premium) widget. This widget allows you to add or remove tons of options that are part of the PDF viewer as well as customize some of the styling. The documentation covers which options are available and this playlist covers how to set it up as well as what each feature will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be no such thing. PDF is no native web format and that being the case, there is no way to control the behavior of such stuff beyond the options the browsers or respective plug-ins offer. If you really want to restrict it that much, you would have to compile your own version of any standard PDF viewer even and force users to only use that, since different viewers will behave differently and you can't cover all contingencies. What you want goes way beyond what the document level restrictions in a PDF can do when you "protect" it and you'd have to restrict the user's system. So no, you are simply reaching too far and what you want is essentially impossible - both on a web page and in a plain PDF.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense, thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, most of what you're asking about is possible with the PDF Embedder (Premium) widget. This widget allows you to add or remove tons of options that are part of the PDF viewer as well as customize some of the styling. The documentation covers which options are available and this playlist covers how to set it up as well as what each feature will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fantastic! Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat. Didn't know about that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased the PDF Embedder (Premium) Widget but I'm having an issue getting it working.

The content I'm running is not published to a live site, it is running through IE from a HTML bundle on the desktop. I've placed the two folders, Web & Build into the folder I exported the HTML to. When I run the files through IE the PDF displays through the default PDF viewer. Any idea where I'm going wrong? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I figured it - I did not put the two folders in the root folder!

So the widget now works but doesn't display the PDF, I just see the grey background where the PDF should be. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the vendor J-26 Web Design​ say to your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I hadn't seen these messages! What's the URL so I can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have emailed you the files as they are not uploaded to a live site. If you could let me know what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this widget work when running the html from my PC as opposed to a live site? I can get it to work on a live site but not from files on my PC, which is what I need it to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It only works on a live site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines