• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag image inside a frame and still see frame masking?

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click on the circle on top of an image inside a frame and drag quickly, I only see the boundary of the image as I drag.

If I click and then hold before dragging, I see the image itself as I drag, which is great, but the frame itself that contains the image is no longer active.

Any way to click and drag an image inside a frame and see what I'm dragging but also see the masking that happens when it's in a frame?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

This question has been asked a few times before here, the answer is GPU acceleration. For some this makes this behaviour not work correctly. Try turning GPU acceleration off in the preferences to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been asked a few times before here, the answer is GPU acceleration. For some this makes this behaviour not work correctly. Try turning GPU acceleration off in the preferences to see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Turning off the GPU Performance option in the preferences now shows me the masking. I have a 2013 Mac Pro with dual 700s, FYI.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The engineers have reported they are aware of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View>Extras>Show Frame Edges while you are in Normal preview mode View>Screen Mode

drag.png

With frame edges showing:

drag2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines