• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get an error when I attempt to create a document in Adobe Acrobat version 11

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to create a pdf file document using Adobe Acrobat version 11 (AA),

Click "Create"

Click "PDF from Scanner"

Click "Black and White Document"

I get this error:

"Error while interacting with the scanner the selected scanner was not found"

The scanner interacts properly with all other software programs on my computer, including Microsoft Word. 

I have Windows 10 (64 bit) on a desktop Dell Inspiron 3650 and my printer/scanner is a HP M2727nf

I have already checked for new drivers.

I just switched to Windows 10, then moved my computer to another office.  Before the move I could scan and create a pdf file using AA.  Whereas, now, I get the above error.

I am a CPA and I use this facility when doing taxes.

I need to get this resolved yesterday.

Can you help?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot move the Acrobat Preference folder, because I don't know its filename.

Can you give the filename of the Preference folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, I am using Windows 10 and Acrobat  version 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paths are given in the answer that kglad linked to. You just need to insert your user name,  and your Acrobat version. There should be no question about what it should be (unless you have or had different versions of Acrobat installed). Here is the official Adobe troubleshooting page for this: Adobe Acrobat Workspace basics  - scroll down to the section titled "Restore (recreate) Preferences"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the filename for Acrobat preference folder, I cannot manipulate the file.

What is the filename/foldername of the preference file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11\Preferences\WebCaptr.prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find the right file using your instruction and after I grabbed the file and put it on desktop, I then reopened Acrobat; however, I still got the same error.  So I put the file back

That was not an applicable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try updating acrobat 11 to the last update:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to scan with Windows 10? This may be a problem with this specific combination of Windows/Acrobat/scanner. Sometimes it helps to switch the scanner into the "native user interface" mode. See here for more information: error message program needs to terminate re-install software (Scan and Optimize)​.

Even if you cannot make your scanner work with Acrobat, you can still use Acrobat's features to optimize your scanned document: Scan with the software that came with your scanner, either directly to PDF if there is such an option, or to TIFF images. Make sure that you select a reasonable scan resolution (e.g. 600dpi black&white or 300dpi grayscale or color). Once you have scanned your document, open Acrobat and import these scanned page. If you were able to scan directly to PDF, just open the PDF file. If you have a number of TIFF images, select File>Create>Combine... and select all your TIFF images in the correct order. Make sure that you click on the Options button and select "Large file size" and Single PDF.

Now that the document is in Acrobat, you can run Tools>Document Processing>Optimize Scanned PDF to apply the same processing steps that you could have applied when scanning directly into Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Acrobat 11 to create new pdf document by using my scanner.  I am not looking for an alternative approach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines