• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I am trying to import my first character from photoshop into Character Animator but for some reason it won't let me. Right now I only have the head, right eye, right pupil, and right blink. Do I need to completely finish my character or do I need to save it differently in Photoshop or what? If anyone has the answer to this please let me know. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to import a PSD anytime...can you post a screenshot of your layer structure? So it doesn't even let you import it into CH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. When I try to import my file is greyed out so I can't even select it. Here is what I have so far, just trying to test it out.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 1.25.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm - not sure what's up, but:

1. That file seems extremely big if you're only at 18.8% zoom - is it possible to reduce the image size?

2. Your Head and Body groups should be inside your +Phill group.

3. You should remove the word "Head" from the head background layer or it gets tagged as a second head.

Are you able to open up other template characters? Is it just your own creations that you're having an issue with, or any PSD or .puppet / .chproj file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I can import the CA default puppets but not the one that I made. driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the puppet or more information? Not much can be suggested without that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was resolved by adobe support. Very easy solution: the PSD file was saved without an extension. I just had to rename the file as name.psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines