• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Feature! Core Power

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Introducing Core Power!  Core Power is an exciting new feature!

Engage Core Power to reveal a window that says:

Congratulations!

After Effects is using just Core 4

of your 24 available cores.

Welcome to 1993!

Sit back, relax and SLOW DOWN"

And I also hear that, if we are lucky, they may give the Tint effect GPU enhancements in next three years!

Lance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to popular belief After Effects is not retail product. Due to this it is highly unstable and users experience a very wide range of behaviors and problems.  With each beta version update users experience a wild spectrum of behaviors, problems & experiences ranging form 'working fine' to 'won't start'.

The subscription fee you pay is for the privilege of being a beta tester for this 'under-development' software.  When the finished retail version is released sometime in 'the future' it will be 'much better' & we'll all be very, very happy.   The really great news is that Adobe, as of this date has not announce any increase in our subscription fee when the final retail product (which will be great) is released.   If it's any consolation...going back to 2014 (the last retail version) it will not help with your "core" issue.

If you found this reply helpful please mark it as helpful.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rlancemoody,

After Effects is using just Core 4

of your 24 available cores.

Sorry for the frustration. Please give us your feedback here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that. Several times.

Kevin,

I know it is frustrating to see critical posts but I have been silent now for long while (for me).

The AE team can't even figure out how to make audio playback reliably and quickly?

The multiprocessor thing is embarrassing.

The years old promise to improve rings pretty false. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rlancemoody,

• In addition to increasing render cores, have you filed bugs specifically for audio playback? 
  • The team has completely written the performance engine over the last several versions of After Effects.
    • The function Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously (Multiprocessing) was superseded by the new architecture brought about in 13.5.
    • This architecture allows After Effects to utilize processor threads and RAM more efficiently than the Multiple Frames Simultaneously (Multiprocessing) functionality ever could.
    • The team is constantly improving performance, if you are not satisfied with the cadence of these improvements, file bugs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Are you saying we should be seeing this improved performance now? I can see my core activity and it certainly doesn't appear to be true.

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Lance,

Are you saying we should be seeing this improved performance now? I can see my core activity and it certainly doesn't appear to be true.

Yes, in most cases. However, it can be confusing. As I understand it, different codecs have various degrees of performance when it comes to hardware usage. That's why you may see some inconsistency between various formats. You might not be seeing this difference if you're repeatedly using the same format. However, I'm only pontificating as I don't recall the details of your system, media, and workflow. That said, If you feel that you'd like to see better performance with the format you are using most often, please file that request.

I can try and track down more info on your specific case. File a performance bug from your side, let me know your precise details on system and the media you use (think you're on a legacy Mac tower, if I recall), and I'll try to repro your issue.

Hope you're having a great day, raining here in San Francisco today!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines