Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Layers between documents in Adobe Draw

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to move layers from one document into another within the same project in Adobe Draw on the iPad Pro?

Thanks,

PJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Thanks Sue,

I'd been searching to find a way to do it and thought maybe I just wasn't finding it. I have multiple drawings already done in a project and would like to mix and mingle layers from different ones so just duplicating and deleting doesn't really achieve what I'm looking to do. I didn't think through what it would really take for my final product and how to get there (children's book) since I am just learning the program!

Really appreciate your rapid reply! Do you know if they are consid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PJ.

I think it is in the plans to make this possible/easier to do but sorry. No. It's not.

About the only way I can think to do that is to duplicate the drawing then delete the layers you don't want/need. In case you haven't spotted how to do that..

In the Organizer view (where you can see all your projects), tap on the project that contains the document you want to duplicate.

Then tap the Ellipsis (...) icon

From the pop-up menu choose Select Documents. At that point the top nav will change to orange and in the lower nav you'll have three icon choices: (Trash) a garbage can, (Duplicate) two squares with a +, and (Move Document) a document with an arrow.

Tap on the document you want to duplicate (it will be highlighted in orange)

Then, from the lower nav, tap the Duplicate icon

That will duplicate your document in the same project

I hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue,

I'd been searching to find a way to do it and thought maybe I just wasn't finding it. I have multiple drawings already done in a project and would like to mix and mingle layers from different ones so just duplicating and deleting doesn't really achieve what I'm looking to do. I didn't think through what it would really take for my final product and how to get there (children's book) since I am just learning the program!

Really appreciate your rapid reply! Do you know if they are considering increasing the number of layers per drawing too?

Thank you,

PJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ.

I don't know what the plan  is for increasing the number of layers per drawing. It doesn't get requested a lot but it does get requested by professional illustrators. So... maybe?

Out of curiosity, how many layers would be ideal for you?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more the better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know PJ.

I'll pass that along.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

I agree that it would be great if we could send layers from one project to another in Draw. Right now that isn't possible with Draw, but you can do it in Illustrator. I would complete your illustrations as far as possible in Draw, then send them to Illustrator on a desktop or laptop computer. With Illustrator you really have no limits with what you can do with the art created in Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Theresa,

My end goal was to do everything on the iPad Pro. That may end up being impossible however I'm just learning so we'll see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines