• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I SOLVED the dreaded api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0-dll when trying to run photoshop.

Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had done all updates, uninstalled vcredist multi pal times and done every so called fix on the net to fix this and get photoshop cc 2017 running.

So here is the fix....

in this image is a list of files ps will complain about (one after the next),

simply find these files (I had them on my machine in multi pal places)

and simply copy them to the photoshop folder (the one with the photoshop.exe)

hey2.jpg

Sorry I am not typing those out right now, but find the x64 bit version on your machine and copy those.

I found them all over the place on my windows 7 x64 machine.

otherwise search for "apiset stub DLL", you should be able to find most if not all those .dll's online.

Hope this helps everyone who has struggled with this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your solution, glad to hear you found your way out of "DLL hell" by copying files.

A note to anyone tempted to search the web for DLLs... these sites, which are offering illegal copies of DLLs and other things... surely don't exist because someone was feeling really helpful. Surely the DLLs aren't the genuine thing, but instead are packed with malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes 100% agreed, if adobe could please host the files or post a link to them ,which were not packed properly into the install ,some people seemed to get them while others like myself did not have these files installed (3 weeks of headaches) or if someone who knows more about what these files are and could please post a link to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe can't legally host these files either. Only Microsoft. Though Adobe MIGHT be allowed to include them in their installers. Microsoft's redistribution rules are complex and I haven't looked into these specific ones. I think this is the Microsoft installer Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center - after this I think the files should be in the system. If they are in the system them probably shouldn't need to also be in the Photoshop folders though it's hard to tell with DLLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines