• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen blinks with the music effect (editing )

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to learn a blinking effect which blinks with the music

Skadoodle highlights - Flick of the wrist - YouTube

0.33 - 0.35, the screen blinks with the music, it looks so cool

Anyone know how to make it? or what software should I use

ChingL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

No idea what you are asking. This is simply a bunch of quick edits to the rhythm. No magic involved. It might actualyl be a good idea to learn the basics first...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what you are asking. This is simply a bunch of quick edits to the rhythm. No magic involved. It might actualyl be a good idea to learn the basics first...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me give you another example

kennyS - MVP of DreamHack Open London 2015 - YouTube

2:00 - 2:03  The screen blinks with the music. It makes the clip more alive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no plug-in or effect that will automatically do what you are seeing in either of those videos to make the cuts and the action match the editing. You can use an technique like converting audio to keyframes and then tying the result to something like opacity or the exposure value in a color correction effect to get the little flashing to the beat effect seen at about :30 in the first sample video, but that is also not automatic.

Cutting to music is an art. Sometimes the cut or the effect needs to lead the beat, sometimes it needs to follow, seldom is perfect synchronization to the beat the most effective technique. It all depends on what is going on in the frame and where the film is being displayed. Some editors I have worked with in the past are very good at figuring out how to effectively cut to the music with very little effort, others have worked at it for a very long time and spend a lot of time questioning their own work and fiddling with the timing. It takes a lot of time and experience to know how to understand why what you see in a cut gives you a feeling  or makes it feel "cool" to you, and it takes a lot more experience and understanding to know how that cut is going to make most of the audience feel.

As Mylenium wisely said, take some time to learn the basics. 80% of the reason the sample videos look "cool" to you is the subject matter and the content. The rest of the cool comes from the talent and experience of the person that did the editing. Show that video to many of my friends and they would not be impressed, show it so some of my nephew's and they would be captivated. In the hands of a really good editor that has a lot of experience they could probably increase the odds that someone with a little less interest than you in the subject matter would be impressed that someone like you would be even further emerged in the experience. You can't use a plug-in or a piece of software to make it better or more interesting by just pressing a button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using powerdirector and after effect. I am a newbie of both software. May I ask which software should I use to create that blink effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ChingLvc wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I am currently using powerdirector and after effect. I am a newbie of both software. software should I use to create that blink effect?

Final Cut Pro, Avid, Vegas, Media 100, Premier Pro.... take your choice.  That's plain-old editing, not an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines