• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Humanizing' straight lines ..?

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When drawing with the brush, my freehand lines aren't straight enough.. and yet if I hold shift and draw, the lines come out too straight (i.e. too perfect).  Is there some type of tool or key command etc that can help me find a happy medium?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

You could just practice drawing? I find your request a strange notion, especially since a practiced artist can draw lines as smooth and straight as a ruler. It's kinda contradictory and well, even latest new-fangled "natural brush" do-dads will never even get close to the kind of flexibility and natural behavior you have with physical instruments. At best it may rely on some data like pressure and angle from your tablet, at worst add some arbirtrary random jitter that looks totally fake to begin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just practice drawing? I find your request a strange notion, especially since a practiced artist can draw lines as smooth and straight as a ruler. It's kinda contradictory and well, even latest new-fangled "natural brush" do-dads will never even get close to the kind of flexibility and natural behavior you have with physical instruments. At best it may rely on some data like pressure and angle from your tablet, at worst add some arbirtrary random jitter that looks totally fake to begin with. I really don't see how one would solve these almost mutually exclusive requirements, but of course feel free to wear yourself out with all sorts of custom brushes and brush settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been mentioned a couple of times, but it is Windows only and may not be what you are after anyway.

http://lazynezumi.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought. You don't say whether you are using a mouse or pen & tablet. The latter gives much better control for drawing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines