• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR does not import raw/nef. jpeg is ok. what's wrong?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am new with LR. until now i made only jpegs. now i tried raw/nef. but they are not imported. the "files are not discerned by the raw translation in LR". (its my translation from german to english). there is also no preview for this files.

i have LR 6.0. mac os 10.11.6 el capitan.

i loaded the rawfiles with the internal cardreader. "fotos" opens the files effortlessly.

screenshots 2017-02-02 um 20.02.48.jpg

screenshots 2017-02-02 um 20.06.29.jpg

thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

asch.asch.22$ wrote:

on this page (your link) i can't find a downloadlink for LR6. instead it says to start LR and click help/updates. done. the answer : "all applications are on actual level. last checked some seconds ago." so i still have ver 6.0.

-on your link is the CC icon mentioned. i have no such icon on my mac (have no CC version). maybe thats the problem?

LR 6 and the CC 2015 version is exactly the same. So use the link posted in post # 5 by dj_paige to download the 6.8/2015.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to use the Nikon Transfer software to download the images? If you did then that could be the problem. Nikon Transfer seems to alter the images so that they cannot be used in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i tried to import directly from cardreader into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to LR is 6.8 so if you have a recent Camera Model you may need to update.

Check the list of supported cameras at the link below.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a nikon d500. my LR (ver6.0) is set to auto look for updates.  if i manually check for updates, i get answer no updates available.

i don't know about adobe camera raw. what is this? a separat app? where can i find it?

the link you supported says that for my d500 camera raw 9.5  and LR 6.5 is minimal required. so i need this updates. from where?

by the way: i imported some rawfiles from a lumix into LR without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can update manually from the links here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on this page (your link) i can't find a downloadlink for LR6. instead it says to start LR and click help/updates. done. the answer : "all applications are on actual level. last checked  some seconds ago." so i still have ver 6.0.

-on your link is the CC icon mentioned. i have no such icon on my mac (have no CC version). maybe thats the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asch.asch.22$ wrote:

on this page (your link) i can't find a downloadlink for LR6. instead it says to start LR and click help/updates. done. the answer : "all applications are on actual level. last checked some seconds ago." so i still have ver 6.0.

LR 6 and the CC 2015 version is exactly the same. So use the link posted in post # 5 by dj_paige to download the 6.8/2015.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

finally found the updates section. probably i'm too stupid for adobe products.

BUT there is NO hint that i would have to click on "download lightroom" to find the updates.... 

now after manual update i have ver 6.8 installed. and LR is reading my nef data. thank you all so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have the latest creative cloud version of Photoshop, don't worry about downloading Camera Raw. Lightroom doesn't use the plug-in. The compatibility notice is just indicating what version of camera raw is needed for full compatibility. But you need to update your Lightroom 6 in order to have support for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. it doesn't solve my problem, but helps me understand the adobe philosophy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines