• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I qualify for a free upgrade?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6, which I purchased March 2016 and recently purchased a Canon EOS 80D camera that I am having difficulty importing the raw files to Lightroom...from the forums I have been reading, I would need to upgrade to 6.5 or later....am I eligible for this upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Going from Lightroom 6 .0 to Lightroom 6.8 is an update, not an upgrade. All updates to Lightroom 6 are free. When/if Lightroom 7 is released, it will be necessary for you to pay for an upgrade. But you can download the latest update to Lightroom 6 from the following website:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

The latest update is Lightroom 6.8, which you might as well install. It isn't necessary to install all interim updates. Just install Lightroom 6.8 and you will be up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going from Lightroom 6 .0 to Lightroom 6.8 is an update, not an upgrade. All updates to Lightroom 6 are free. When/if Lightroom 7 is released, it will be necessary for you to pay for an upgrade. But you can download the latest update to Lightroom 6 from the following website:

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

The latest update is Lightroom 6.8, which you might as well install. It isn't necessary to install all interim updates. Just install Lightroom 6.8 and you will be up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim ! In was under the impression from reviewing a previous forum, if there was an upgrade to Lightroom in and around the time of a purchase just prior to the upgrade, that Adobe would give a free upgrade...i guess that is not the case here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, it seems that Adobe has given a free upgrade if Lightroom has been purchased within the last 30 days prior to the release of a new upgrade. Lightroom 7 has not been announced. Adobe doesn't do that in advance anyway. This is a user to user forum, so we're mostly users like yourself. When/if Lightroom 7 is released it will be an upgrade which you will have to decide whether or not you want to purchase. It will most likely have new features, and you will have to decide whether or not the upgrade is worth the investment. In the meantime, you can download the update to Lightroom 6 from the link I provided in my previous response. That update is free. It will provide the new camera support that you need in order to work with the raw files from your camera. Why are you concerned about a free upgrade at this point? There's nothing new that you would need to purchase at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!!!  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines