• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joining two tables or how to script "Tables -> Paste After"?

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I would appreciate if someone could help with a little problem.

I have a small specifically formatted table placed into the library. The script loads some data which determines how many of such tables I need. I'd like to place for example 5 of those tables stacked on top of each other, so that I have 5 of my tables but – and here comes the problem – but combined as one single table. I don't want to add() rows since it will duplicate the formatting of the selected row rather using the formatting of the entire lib item.

I could do this action manually by copying the selected table, and while the table is still selected choose "Table -> Paste After" to duplicate the table and attach a second table with the exact same formatting right below it. Unfortunately, I can't find this "Paste After" as a method, my first guess was a paste method with LocationOptions.After, but that doesn't exist. Tables can't be duplicated and even when I duplicate the first character that contains the table, I get two separate tables and not a single one.

Seems rather basic, but I've searched since an hour and can't find anyone even talking about it.

Thanks!

Frank

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?