• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign file cannot open: created in a newer version.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have CC subscription and use Indesign CC and Indesign CC2014. I'm on a Mac OS 10.8.5

I'm getting a notice that files that I have created cannot be opened because they have been "created in a newer version" of InDesign.

1. I created the document and saved it 10 minutes ago. Then closed it. When I reopened it I got the above error notice.

2. Both CC and CC2014 are up to date.

I get this problem with other clients files too - but normally I just ask them to convert to imdl. However, I can't do this with my own files because I can't open them.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Thanks Test Screen Name,

I have the same problem whether I double clicked or used file>open.

Actually its fixed itself now. I did the old 'turn the computer off and on again' trick and its opening now...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you download InDesign CC2015 and CC2017. Make sure you keep the earlier versions as well for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,

Honestly I have no idea how to find CC2015 and CC2017!

I have the latest version of CC (9.3) - shouldn't this trump everything? I can't understand how I have what looks like the latest version of this but some of my clients have managed to get a "newer" version through Creative Cloud.

Am I being stupid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the error if you start Cc2014 and use File > Open? Or only in double click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Test Screen Name,

I have the same problem whether I double clicked or used file>open.

Actually its fixed itself now. I did the old 'turn the computer off and on again' trick and its opening now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines