• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Narration in Premiere Elements 15 is mute

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10, and obviously Premiere 15, I don't know what other information would be relevant.

So, after working on my project for five hours and then some, I was screen capturing a specific frame of the project, finished without issue, attempted to resize my Premiere window, and accidentally grabbed the window for my narration tool. Without realizing the issue, I took my workspace back to my primary monitor and attempted to finish the project. Upon review, I found that ALL of my narration had gone mute. The clips are still there, they still have the equalizer marks indicating that there is audio there, but when I play them, I hear nothing. The other audio works just fine.

I've attempted to restart the program, load the project I finished before I started this one(that one has no issue).

I also attempted to simply restart the entire project, but even new narration clips are mute, with the marks to show that there is audio there.

I muted and unmuted the narration line in the workspace. I modified a few of the clips. I attempted a quick fix I found on google, where I open the app data(Start> Run> %appdata%> Adobe > {some folder name I can't recall} > common> rename to "commonold"), and rename the "common" folder to "commonold."

I restarted my PC.

I tried to update the software, but failed to find how to do so on the official website.

I'm running out of ideas, and really don't want to have to re-record half an hour's worth of audio.

You will be able to find a demonstration of my issue on my YouTube channel(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihpP0tg7_ak ) of the same name that I'm using here, if that would be of any help in explaining my problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting an  entirely new project appears to allow me to record new narration, but as I said above, I would really like to not have to do all of it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not perfect, but I found a workaround.

I'm able to drag the narration clips down into the "music" area of the workspace, and they work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines