• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Internal Error Has Occurred: Assertion Failed?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and Creative Cloud Lightroom 6. All of a sudden I got the assertion failed message when trying to import files from my camera card. I have seen some discussion about "permission" errors in Mac, but not in Windows. Is this the problem and can someone assist with instructions for windows? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full screen shot of the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot do it. It is a small box that pops up and says Error on top then "An internal error has occurred: assertion failed!" Then it has an "OK" box. That is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this your only card? Can you open the card outside of Lightroom. Can you try Importing from another card or source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried other cards and the same thing happens. I also tried to import from the computer, but as soon as I hit import (even with no card in the reader), the same thing happens. Frustrating! Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close LR, Restart your computer then test.

Post the operating system you are using and the exact version of LR you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have re-booted a number of times and closed LR. I am using ios7 and I just started working with Photoshop CC which included the newest version of LR. Everything was fine for 2 weeks. This error message started today. I did not change anything in the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS is the Apple Mobile Device operating system. Not a Mac OS X version. iOS doesn't run on a Mac Computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re. I am running Windows 10 and Creative Cloud Lightroom 6.

What exactly are your hardware specifications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have a Mac. My computer is a PC. I am using Windows 10 and the system is Intel core, i7,

Has anyone seen this error message before on Lightroom when trying to import? Thanks for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines