• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 1070 After Effects 2017 support..

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does after effects 2017 still dont support Gtx 1070. I s shows uncompatible cuda gpu in after effects. Ilustrator and other adobe software has compatibility. Why is it still unsupported??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Hello Lost Bandit,

Why does after effects 2017 still dont support Gtx 1070. I s shows uncompatible cuda gpu in after effects. Ilustrator and other adobe software has compatibility. Why is it still unsupported??

To clarify, After Effects doesn't use the GPU very much except for one feature which is now deprecated (acceleration for ray-traced 3D comps). That is why specific GPUs are no longer even listed on the system requirements page. Basically, you can ignore this warning in After Effects.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raytrace 3D is deprecated. There will never be any specific support for newer cards.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhm I am confused.. No support for newer cards.........I know raytraced 3d is deprecated but shouldn't a application be updated to support all new hardwares on the market and not the other way around....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LostBandit wrote:

Uhm I am confused.. No support for newer cards.........I know raytraced 3d is deprecated but shouldn't a application be updated to support all new hardwares on the market and not the other way around....

Should applications be updated to support all new hardwares on the market?  Interesting question.  Would make a great discussion in, like, an 'Ethics of Software Development' university class.   In reality though, NO applications are updated to support 'all hardwares on the market'.  Also, not to state the obvious but,  Raytrace3D is 'no longer supported'.  Why would a company 'update support' for something that is no longer supported?  You should think about it as if Raytrace3D doesn't even exist.  Just ignore it.  It's like a skin tag that's just hanging there and could be surgically removed but it's not really worth the trouble, even though it serves no practical purpose.  2017 has the c4d renderer, which is functionally almost as useful as raytracing was.   Your best bet is to take advantage of c4d lite and the cineware system (assuming it still works).  A couple of youtube tutorials and you'll be knockin out 3d extrusions like a pro.    Also you could invest $200 for element 3D which is great program & if you do alot of 3d directly in AE is well worth it  as it's fast as lightning (and only $200).

As asking why raytracing is not being supported?   It just isn't.  😞

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should buy a  Gtx 1080.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the gtx 1080 is also unsupported... All of the 10 series actually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Lost Bandit,

To clarify, After Effects doesn't use the GPU very much except for one feature which is now deprecated (acceleration for ray-traced 3D comps). That is why specific GPUs are no longer even listed on the system requirements page. Basically, you can ignore this warning in After Effects.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines