• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG photo won't export

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to indesign, and I'm trying to make a process book for my design class. I imported a png to use as a background in the book on every page. I exported the whole thing to my desktop to test and see how well it saved, but the png i used in the book wasn't there. any reasoning or advice as to why it did that or how I can get it to work? Anything is helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import this image to the bottom most layer on a master?

Did you apply that master to those pages?

Why PNG? If it is a vector, use PDF/X-4 or AI, if it is an image you should consider using JPG or PSD with color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the image appearing on all or many pages, you need to place on a master page.

Check your Links panel, is this PNG file up to date, or perhaps missing? How many instances of this same image does it show in the Links panel?

You also didn't mention to which format you exported the file to, is it PDF or JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported the whole thing to my desktop to test and see how well it saved

What steps, exactly, did you take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines