Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Hard Copy

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe ppl.

Really need some help here. I would like to purchase a disc version of Lr6 Disc if available. I know that Adobe are busy trying to get all users onto their CC service but here's the thing. 1/ I have a connection speed of .5 Mbps - downloading the desired software would take an eternity. 2/ Using a cloud based service with such a slow connection would be futile for uploading & accessing material online.

So if anyone can direct me to somewhere I can purchase Lightroom 6 on disc with license I would be very appreciative. Tnx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

No CC program is Cloud based. They all need to be installed on your computer.

Creative Cloud is just a Name. Like the previous Creative Suite's. It is just a name.

No matter if you buy a Disc version you still need to do updates which are only available On Line and need to be downloaded (although much smaller that the Full program itself).

There are several places to buy an actual CD/DVD of LR 6. Depending on what part of the world you are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No CC program is Cloud based. They all need to be installed on your computer.

Creative Cloud is just a Name. Like the previous Creative Suite's. It is just a name.

No matter if you buy a Disc version you still need to do updates which are only available On Line and need to be downloaded (although much smaller that the Full program itself).

There are several places to buy an actual CD/DVD of LR 6. Depending on what part of the world you are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just read some reviews on Amazon & some indicate that the disc version cannot receive of the updates/upgrades that the CC version gets e.g. haze & whatever may be introduced in the future. Is this true? Is the disc version the 'poorer cousin' of Lr CC & also is the CC version only available on monthly subscription or also as a single one off purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Stand Alone Perpetual license version only receives camera, lens and bug fix updates. It doesn't receive updates for the New Features that are included in the Subscription base version.

Those new features will probably be included when and if Adobe comes out with a LR CC 2017 - LR 7 version. When and if that happens is not known.

In actually the subscription base version is a better deal if you have never owned a previous version of LR. And even if you have it still isn't a bad deal because you also get Photoshop with the subscription.

No previous version of LR = $149.00 US and no new features.

Owning a previous version = $79.00 US and no new features.

Subscription = $9.99 US a month ($119 and change for the year) includes all currently available version of both Photoshop and Lightroom. Including all new feature in both programs.

What I mean by all currently available versions is you can actually install PS CS6, 2014, 2015, 2015.5 and 2017. LR 5 and LR CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is only one Lightroom program. But depending on how you activate it it will run as Lightroom CC 2015 or Lightroom 6. If you purchase Lightroom  and install it with a serial number then it installs as Lightroom 6. As a standalone program, any new features that have been added after the initial release are not included. There are updates to provide support for new cameras, but no new features. There have been eight of those updates so far.  Those who choose to subscribe to the creative cloud plan Pay a monthly fee ($9.99/month) to have the latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop installed on their computer.  That means that Lightroom and Photoshop both receive feature updates as soon as they become available. Those who elect to "purchase Lightroom outright" can expect to wait until the next upgrade version (i.e. Lightroom 7) is released to get any new features. Then they can choose whether or not to pay an upgrade price to have the new version. In either case, it is the same program that is installed on your computer. The program is installed locally on your hard drive. And even if you  choose to go  with the standalone option you will immediately be prompted to update as soon as you have installed from the disk. Adobe does not update the original installer every time there is an update.  So it will still be necessary for you to download program updates even if you purchase Lightroom on a disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines