Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line tunnel effect

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

hello all, i am trying to create a line tunnel effect like the one in the picture. The line tunnel around an object (such as a face or person), or just a simple line tunnel. I am using photoshop 2015 so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Okay, Trevor, got me thinking about brush fade, then using transform and transform again to make a step and repeat pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it was drawn.

You can draw lines on an empty layer all centering on a single vanishing point which can be in your image (as in my example below) or out of it. Then you can clip a coloured layer to it.

If you want to do something with filters you could try using a combination of the motion blur /radial zoom blur.

In the pic below :

The bottom layer is just black

The second is some radiating lines (just drawn on an empty layer and drawn from the centre)

The third is the image with radial zoom blur and heavy sharpness applied. This layer is clipped to the layer below (with the radiating lines)

The fourth is a duplicate of the image with radial blur but this time not clipped. This has opacity reduced to 50% and is just just to fill some space between the lines

The top layer is the original image of the wolf - with no treatment just a mask around the face

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use the gradient tool with the gradient set to noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my two cents worth.

Brush size and opacity set to fade with 25% spacing, and fade values of 1500.

The perspective was done with a Lazy Nezumi preset, but if I didn't have LNP I'd have made them parallel (with shift key) and FT'd them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Trevor, got me thinking about brush fade, then using transform and transform again to make a step and repeat pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, it helps me a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could probably do something with Distort > Polar Coordinates and the Wind filter, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines