• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboServer 7 - Implementation questions need technical assistance

Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the server and RoboServer 7 application sort of installed. I need a technical person who can talk to my technical person to ensure that installation is done correctly. (I'm the technical writer on the team).

Also, need to understand how to migrate existing help files from the current application server to the RoboServer 7 without losing F1 links.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best if you (or they) posted a specific question here. Either that, or contact the Adobe Support Team. If you have the app installed it hard for anyone here to say you have done it correctly without knowing more detail.

With regards to the F1 help, check out this link. It refers to WebHelp but also applies to WebHelp Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum
Thanks for your answer. I can't get my support group to read the documentation that is available so I can't tell you what questions need to be answered. I've got my manager working on getting a conference call with Adobe support and our guys because that's the only way this will ever get implemented. Problem is RoboServer7 and RoboHelp 7 are not supported by Goldman Sachs so it hard to get internal SAs to support these applications, which leaves my team hanging.

Regarding the F1 help, I'm using FlashHelp. We've already implemented F1 using the full path on the server to link the help topic to the window as they didn't want to use map #s. Question is how to move the application help, which includes the F1 help pathing, from its current location on the application server to the server where RoboServer7 is installed without losing all of F1 links? One of my guys thought there might be way to do it with relative path linking?

I'm also thinking that we should migrate to FlashHelp Pro once we get RoboServer 7 up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As far as F1 help is concerned I'd always recommend using relative paths. As far as the RH server is concerned, I think the article link I sent also applies although Peter Grainge doesn't use RH Server so this has not been tested. Therefore not using mapids is still an option.

If you are using FlashHelp output you will HAVE to upgrade to FlashHelp Pro output to publish to the RH Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp