Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 not starting up

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't start up Lightroom anymore. The icon appears when I start it, but then it just keeps on loading and loading until I force it to stop and it says it's not responding. So I can't do anything. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

A quick Google search found this information. Maybe it will help.

Google

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Viebie,

Please follow the steps mentioned in Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ and manually disable the GPU usage in Lightroom.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

A bit of a late reply, but the problem is that it doesn't reach the stage in which I could do something within Lightroom itself. So I cannot follow these steps. Also, Finder can't find the mentioned map that I need to reach in case Lightroom doesn't start up.

What to do instead?

Regards,

Arjen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you scroll down on the troubleshooting page linked to you will find a Manual way to disable the GPU option with LR closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JSM. But the thing is I cannot find this: %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences\Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what operating system you're using. But on Windows it is necessary to go to the folder options and put a checkmark in the option to show hidden folders. Then you should be able to find the path that you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Windows PC? If so that folder is probably hidden from your view. You could try the Search feature in the Start Menu.

Or better to go to the Folder options and Show hidden files and Folder along with System files.

folder options.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook unfortunately 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick Google search found this information. Maybe it will help.

Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the same preference file on a Mac but in a different location.

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

File locations in Mac OS X

Note: The user Library file is hidden by default on Mac OS X 10.7 and later. For temporary access to the user Library file, press Option and choose Go > Library in the Finder.

The Lightroom application file /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app

Preferences  /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

In Mac OS 10.9.x and later, to reset Lightroom's preferences, after you delete the above file, restart your Macintosh. Also, beginning with Mac OS 10.9, to fully reset your Lightroom preferences, in addition to deleting the plist file, press the shift + option keys immediately after you restart Lightroom, and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

Catalog  /Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Preview cache  /Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata

Smart Preview cache  /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Smart Previews.lrdata

Catalog lock file  /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.lock

Note: The lock file prevents the catalog from being overwritten when in use.

Catalog journal file  /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat-journal

Open catalogs use the journal file to check for incomplete database records. Do not delete the journal file unless you're deleting its associated catalog as well.

Catalog backup  /Users/[user name]/Pictures/Lightroom/Backups/[date and time of backup]/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Presets and templates  /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Serial number  /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 6.0 Registration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines