• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Conversion

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a file in CC (2017) and want to work on it on a different mac today running CS6, annoyingly I forgot to make an IDML. Is there ANY other way I can convert it today without having access to CC 2017?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can convert it ​only ​if the CS6 version is part of a Creative Cloud plan. The InDesign servers associated with Creative Cloud in that case would do a conversion of the file.

If you have a perpetual license copy (non-subscription) you're out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can here - Запросы на понижение версии InDesign. indd to idml, indd to inx , as example

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, I can't read the Russian in your link. I believe that there are only two ways to open a CC 2017 file in CS6: (1) If the poster had saved the IDML file from CC 2017, it could be opened in CS6 (but they say they forgot to do that), or (2) the method I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is thread where users help to users with downgrade indd. You do not need to know Russian. I and some others can help in this thread to all who will write in English Just need to have account in our forum and download your zipped indd into some dropbox/yadisk/internal forum storage.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice service. Thanks for explaining. Hopefully, the poster will see this and get a response in time.

How do they set up an account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the bottom left corner you can change interface of forum from Russian to English.

Than you can find in the right top corner "login" button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines