• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR/Library : Is there a way to define the undoing history size ?

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's a part of performance issue but I note a degradation of LR/Library module when I perform a large quantity of updates like assign/remove keywords , move items to other folder, build collection, assign Map info to items, switch from module, ......

After a while LR drop down and become slow .. slow ... slow.

Then, I quit LR, restart it and all work very good.  I'm usual with this.

Today I do a misselection and I use 'undo' ctrl-z function, then I note LR have 'all' steps I perform from start point, ... and I havea a lot of steps with large number of items update.

I suppose these func can consume my mem and cpu.

Is there a way to manage these undo history stack like in PS ?

thanks for any suggest.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR edit history of your images is stored in the catalog. This results in no extra memory being needed and has no limit on the number of steps stored. PS, on the other hand, stores the temporary edits in memory.

Outside of any possible memory problems LR might have generically, normally the only performance problems related to the number of edits is when there are a large number of "spot removal" steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the response.

I'm not talking about 'Edit History' ; I know how to manage it.

I'm in concern about the 'Activity History' ; LR maintain in-memory a history of all keyboard-type, metadata, change module, set/unset flags, add/delete to collection, move photo from folder-to-folder, , ... etc , which is available to 'undo'  from the current state to the state when LR start the session.

This participate the LR's slowing down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no feature in Lightroom to do that. Are you applying a lot of brush strokes with the adjustment brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

in this case, I'm not in Develop, I'm in Library!

Make sort, metadata add, moves folder to folder, manage collections,...

and it comes slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried disabling the graphics processor in you Lightroom preferences? Doing this can often improve performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines