• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIght Room 2.3 Ajusting pictures in Slide Show

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Light room 2.3. I am creating a slide show of pictures of 50 years and I want to make them as sequential as possible. If I pull up the pictures in light room - is there a way that I cam move the pictures one place to another place. Suppose I have picture that is no 20 in sequence and I want to move that Picture in the second place. Can I do that? if answer is yes, what is the procedure?

An early response will be highly appreciated

Is there a way, some body to could inform me if there is response?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember how it worked in LR 2.3 as that is many years ago but the typical way you do this in Lightroom is to make a collection of your images. Set the sort order to custom and drag the images around in the order you want. Than go to slideshow from this collection and they should be in the right order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks and let me try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version 6.8 / CC2015.8  also allows me to drag-and-drop photos to different positions on the lower filmstrip under the Slideshow window.

(Hint: Usual advice for "drag-and-drop photos"  is to click the cursor on the image- not the border- before you drag.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my version does not give me an option of Custom short or allows me move pictures from its place. Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ApanB.

Did you note carefully in the advice from Jao above-  "make a collection of your images"

This is the important step.  A custom sort order is not possible if you are viewing "All Photographs" or a folder that has sub-folders and the option "Show Photos in Sub-folders" is set to 'on'.

This quote is from the Lightroom-2 help file-

"Rearrange thumbnail images in the Filmstrip and Grid view

❖Select a collection or a folder that does not contain any subfolders, and then drag a thumbnail to a new location."

Page 139 Lightroom Help pdf  (3rd Sep 2009)

"Rearrange slide order

If the source for your slide show is a collection or a folder that does not contain subfolders, you can manually rearrange

the slide order.

❖In the Slideshow module, drag photos in the Filmstrip to rearrange them."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines