• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

third party plugin

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ON1 Effects Free, then uninstalled it: but it still shows under the filters tab.  Worked with apple care to make sure it is not in photoshop.

Does anyone know how to remove it from the filters tab?  And yes....have removed from every possible place apple care could think of.  Maybe there's a way to refresh the filters tab?  Would appreciate any help or advise!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

I had to contact Adobe and they uninstalled photoshop and the plugin was still there, so they went in and have to delete a lot of things. They went to places I didn't even know existed on my mac.  But they eventually got it out.  And the good news is....they were able to save my preferences, brushes, actions and my saved workspace.  Then they reinstalled photoshop again! and now its fixed!    Wow, this was crazy and took a lot of time to figure out between ON1, Apple and Adobe.   Thank You Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably mention what version of Photoshop you have, and whether you are on Windows or Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted ON1 support?

Contact ON1 Support – ON1, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....were have been emailing back and forth many times and they keep telling me to do a clean installed which they say will remove all versions of their software and plugins. (Which I have done 3x). They also said to make sure to remove anything under library/application support/adobe/plugins.

Also AppleCare went through my computer and said they cannot find any signs of the plugin.....yet it still shows under the filter tab. If I click on it, it will crash photoshop.  I think maybe there is a way to refresh the filters tab or it is somewhere deep in the computer that only adobe might know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need to uninstall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app (I can post a screen shot if that doesn't make sense), then run Adobe cleaner: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems then reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,  I was hoping to find another way.  As I have actions, brushes and many other plugins the I would have to re-install.  That would really suck!  .  Thanks for all your advise! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save these before you uninstall - I can't remember how, try searching, or maybe another contributor can advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...I have them saved, but I would have to reinstall of my plugins. Also I have a workspace that I setup.....and so many others things I have customized.  It would just be a lot of work to reinstall Photoshop.  Thanks for the ideas! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you emptied the Trash?

There have been cases of photoshop maintaining the links to plugins even if they are in the Trash on mac os x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as i know there are only three locations that photoshop cc 2015.5 can read plugins from on a mac os.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC

(where the ON1 Effects Free 10.plugin is installed)

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5/Plug-ins

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.app/Contents/Required/Plug-Ins

(one has to right click on the Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5.app and click Show package contents for this, so it's unlikely to be there.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!  Been to all those places and its not in there.  (even to show pkg content). The trick is the plugin is not installed anymore, but it still shows under the filters tab in photoshop.  Because its not installed if I click on it nothing happens and sometimes it will crash photoshop.

It's the craziest thing ever!  I just may have to live with it, unless I uninstalled photoshop and start from scratch.

Thank you for help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could reset the photoshop preferences by going to

~/Library/Preferences

(your user library)

and dragging the

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings

folder to the trash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Time Machine to do backups and the drive that you backup to is attached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use time machine on my Imac  but not on my new MacBook pro yet....just got it and have been installing my programs on it.

Not sure about dragging photoshop preferences to the trash?  That makes me a little nervous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could drag the Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings​ folder to your desktop and if that doesn't make any difference after you start photoshop, you can put the folder back into ~/Library/Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay....I am using cc 2015.5 on mac-sierra.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to contact Adobe and they uninstalled photoshop and the plugin was still there, so they went in and have to delete a lot of things. They went to places I didn't even know existed on my mac.  But they eventually got it out.  And the good news is....they were able to save my preferences, brushes, actions and my saved workspace.  Then they reinstalled photoshop again! and now its fixed!    Wow, this was crazy and took a lot of time to figure out between ON1, Apple and Adobe.   Thank You Adobe for fixing it.  No more crashes in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines