• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Fast Draft not available? I have a Geforce 940M for Pete's Sakes!

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my After Effects renders on RAM only as apparently, my 2GB 940M isn't 'supported'.

I have updated all the drivers and for crying out loud, I game with this GPU so why is After Effects denying it?

HELP ME SOMEBODY!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Fast Draft requires OpenGL 2.0 or higher (with Shader Model 4.0 or higher on Windows), and at least 256MB of texture memory. If your GPU does not meet these requirements, these features will be disabled. more in here: GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 and After Effects CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

if you meet these requirements and still having problems, try updating your GPU.

also, if you are trying to use Ray-traced 3d, know that it is obsolete, and as of CC2017 you can use t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer:  AE is a complex, convoluted application.  Not a game.  It's in the process of undergoing a HUGE re-write of the code, and finishing it doesn't seem to be at the top of Adobe's to-do list.  You'd better get used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, you seem to be right. Oh well, Cinema 4D it is then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fast Draft requires OpenGL 2.0 or higher (with Shader Model 4.0 or higher on Windows), and at least 256MB of texture memory. If your GPU does not meet these requirements, these features will be disabled. more in here: GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects CS6 and After Effects CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

if you meet these requirements and still having problems, try updating your GPU.

also, if you are trying to use Ray-traced 3d, know that it is obsolete, and as of CC2017 you can use the C4D Renderer that works on the CPU, gives better performance and is almost the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines