• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, working with 360 video appears a vertical line

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with a 360 video it was displaying okay and I do not have idea what is happened suddenly appear a vertical line, I wasted a lot of time trying to fix it, then I closed that project and started a new one from zero, and the line still there, I try with different footage and appears the same problem. Please check the images bellow: I need help urgently please.

Capture AE 1.PNG Capture AE 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

hello Meir,

there seem to be a problem with the stitching of this video. how did you stitch it? what is your workflow exactly?

here's a nice tutorial with a nice workflow: Full Adobe Workflow - For Editing 360 Video - Using After Effects, Photoshop & Premiere - Tutorial - YouTube

could it be that your footage when you first manipulated it in Ae to set it to equirectangular was not stretched all the way through? if there is a small unnoticeable gap in the edge of the composition then you would see

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Meir,

there seem to be a problem with the stitching of this video. how did you stitch it? what is your workflow exactly?

here's a nice tutorial with a nice workflow: Full Adobe Workflow - For Editing 360 Video - Using After Effects, Photoshop & Premiere - Tutorial -...

could it be that your footage when you first manipulated it in Ae to set it to equirectangular was not stretched all the way through? if there is a small unnoticeable gap in the edge of the composition then you would see this seam. make a simple test just use the offset effect to run through your video in Ae.

0011.gif

it has to continue with no seam and then you will have you 360 bar mitzva

if you want, you can upload a sample and I could test it in my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your soon response. I can ensure you that this is not a stitched problem, since rendered this video before and looks perfect, and also with this same footage I made too many samples and any one have this problem, and also I changed the footage and all of them presents the same problem. And is a 360 Bat Mitzvah no Bar, it was my daughter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mazal Tov.

since rendered this video before and looks perfect, and also with this same footage I made too many samples and any one have this problem, and also I changed the footage and all of them presents the same problem.

how do you mean it was perfect? have you seen in stitched with no seam?  let's trace back to where it first started to appear. is this just this video? did you test the offset effect like I suggested to see there is no gap? can you upload even a frame of it so I can test it here and see if I can trace the issue?

try to test your footage in various stages in Premiere using the VR Mode. this will help you determine where is the problem exactly

more about it here: What’s New with VR in Premiere Pro CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, thank you for the mazal tob .  I just come back and made another test with a GOOD footage, it may have paralax issues, but it does not matter, this is not the point. The point is that when I watch this video with any VR player (in this case Kolor) there in NOT any vertical line, then I imported this video to a NEW project in AE and I have a KOLOR player plugin, which allowed me to see an 360 scene of the video and it has already this fail. I rendered it with AE and it has the line!  I tried to attached to this message  the original footage and the rendered one but I couldn't, how could I send it to you?

Also I apply offset and in the preview screen there is not the vertical line it looks fine, but when I see it with 360 player the line is there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point is that when I watch this video with any VR player (in this case Kolor) there in NOT any vertical line, then I imported this video to a NEW project in AE and I have a KOLOR player plugin, which allowed me to see an 360 scene of the video and it has already this fail.

let me see some of the video, even a few frames. you can upload it here via any legit cloud service: google drive, dropbox etc.

what do you recommend to me to improve the video quality, I mean to make it sharper, to look nicer?

The quality problem is something that is common in 360 video because you do need a lot of pixels and you need a good camera footage (4k) from the start, and bare in mind the technology is still adapting to produce better results. Heres a nice thread that has good explanation as to why 360 video can look bad: https://m.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4q0s63/why_do_all_vr_and_360_videos_look_like_theyre_in/ 

In addition to resolution limitations, 360 software will encode your video and sometime do not allow customization. this means you are using a compressed video that is not the highest quality it can be, even if the original footage is much better looking. here's a tutorial that shows how to stitch a footage manually, but you do need skybox mettle plugin to use it: How to Stitch Samsung Gear 360° Footage in After Effects | SkyBox Studio on Vimeo

I recommend also this course on 360 video on Lynda: Stitching 360° spherical video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for the last information.

This is the link of the sample

test vertical line.mp4 - Google Drive

This footage is okay, but when I imported to AE appears the line also. In fact appears in every footage I import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the file.

1. in Ae with offset effect here is no seam:

005.gif

2. I have tested in in the VR mode in premiere and there is no seam.

001.gif

3. uploaded a private video to you tube and still no line

0059.gif

so I think we are in the clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roei,

I am having a similar issue where my exports all have a vertical line where a pixel is missing.  I am using Adobe Suite 2017, Windows 10 Home.  Here is what it looks like from GOpro VR Player:

line seen from gopro vr player.jpg

The source video and sequence is 4096 x 2048.   When I export to Youtube I get this pixel line highlighted in red:
line seen from youtube.jpg

I've reinstalled my OS, all Adobe Apps, and exported without any effects at all and that pixel line is still there.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

you should read through the thread and see after all that's been suggested here where does that leave you.

I have got the footage from Meir and showed a workflow where it does not have a seam in the end. he marked earilier response as correct but we continued the discussion so I am not sure what fixed it. I do know that he uploaded the file and I showed how to create a VR video with no seam but haven't got a feedback from him later on.

if all that's suggested here does not help, specify the exact VR workflow step by step. how are you stitching your footage? where does this problem first occurring (try the offset effect, see if you have a seam). if possible, upload a piece of the footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stitch 3 or 6 GoPros using Autopano Pro.  Export to Cineform. Remove tripods, add text and motion graphics in After Effects.  Render again to Cineform.  Edit final pieces in Premier.  Export to H.264 cbr100 at the same dimensions as the clips (4096 x 2048)

I actually handed off the files and project to a friend who exported from their computer without this vertical line using the same export settings, though he uses 2015.3 and I am on 2017.  It is obviously on my end though because I downloaded 2015.3 and tried with my same vertical line.

Interesting Development - Enabling VR Mode in Premier, the line does not exist when viewing at full res (both paused and playback).  When I go to 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 the clip literally loses the pixel and squeezes the image noticeably.  It's almost as if I am exporting a video at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution.  The line appears and disappears also in GoPro VR Player depending on the selected resolution.  Something here might be the problem.

I have tried erasing the previews, exported vbr instead of cbr, Max Render Quality, rendering with Software only and GPU, 60fps vs 59.94, rendered with effects and without, rendered to 3840 - all as separate videos clips but nothing works.

I would be happy to send you a clip if that would be easiest.  What format is best?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you are not noticing this seam in Ae when you use offset effect as demonstrated above, and you are not seeing it in Premiere in VR mode but only when you compress it and upload to youtube ore use VR player?

just send a short clip of the final equirectangular scene so I may test it in my system. you can send it as a link in a PM. click on my name and click message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the offset to both master timeline and to this individual clip in Premiere and AE.  No line appears to my eyes.

I see the line under 1/4 resolution in VR Mode in Premier, equal to the Youtube video.  Please let me know your results.

FINAL_Sample_cbr30.mp4 - Google Drive

Above is the sample video.  Below is how it appears when I upload it onto Youtube.

I also uploaded it to Youtube which has the pixel vertical line:

FINAL Sample cbr30 - YouTube

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched the youtube video, where is the seam?

055.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see it in the video but it is subtle.  Here is a screenshot of the vertical line from the above Youtube link:
boat top.jpg

Watch this direction during the length of the video and you should see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the long delay. I examined the source video and placed it in Ae using the offset effect and there is a seam in your original stitched video (the equirectangular video)

I am not sure how the stitched went wrong, but it did and this is where you should dedicate your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported a new test h264 and cinform from Autopano Pro and the h264 has a seem while the cineform does not.  I think it has something to do with rendering to h264.  Oh well.  I really appreciate your help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this tutorial, it 's great. The offset effect is fantastic! also the interpolation

I want to take advantage to ask you, what do you recommend to me to improve the video quality, I mean to make it sharper, to look nicer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, thank you for the mazal tob .  I just come back and made another test with a GOOD footage, it may have paralax issues, but it does not matter, this is not the point. The point is that when I watch this video with any VR player (in this case Kolor) there in NOT any vertical line, then I imported this video to a NEW project in AE and I have a KOLOR player plugin, which allowed me to see an 360 scene of the video and it has already this fail. I rendered it with AE and it has the line!  I tried to attached to this message  the original footage and the rendered one but I couldn't, how could I send it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines