• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change from language in photoshop CC2017

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought some Envato plugins (scripts) but to have them work it has to be an English version as I do have a Dutch one.

I've been looking on this forum and find the same solution several times.

Only if I change the language prefs in the Creative Cloud and do a restart I'm still in a Dutch version?screenshot_4634.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Try by going in Edit>Preferences>Interface: Interface language

If you get only Dutch try restarting you computer.

If nothing happens, as last chance, try this

close PS.go to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2017\Locales\YOUR_LANGUAGE\Support Files

find this file tw10428.dat and modify name in tw10428.dat.backup

Now your PS is in english, if you want to bring it to your language just remove .backup to that filename and bring it back as tw10428.dat; than go to CreativeCloud setting and set Dut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Quote:

Note:

If you want to apply the language change to an app that you have already installed on your computer, change the language preference, and then uninstall and reinstall the app. You can do this easily in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichlerThanks for your reply BUT could you please stop putting that word 'easily' in the instructions because it ain't !

Let me explain again. When I do need to run an Envato action on a picture it needs to be an English PS version otherwise the actions do stop after the first attempt. That's the ONLY time I do need that English PS version so (even as it doesn't work yet) I'll need to do that every time I would like to use one of those Envato scripts on a picture?

As I did change that language and restarted my Mac I still got a Dutch version. Now I see i would have to install that app and reinstall and do that all over again after I used that script and whenever I want to run that action on a second picture I have to do that all over again ????

May I say that I also do need to reinstall several 3-party plugins as well as they are gone after a reinstall !

So easily, sorry I don't think so...

italosanAlso thanks but as i said I'll put those Envato scripts in my basket...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, in my waste basket !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Italosan,

I've changed that .dat and that's working ! Thanks a lot as this seems to be a lot faster doing it that way.

Now I can at least take a look if those action scripts do work in that version (hope so).

I do hope when going back to my original Dutch version afterwards I don't have to do the reinstall all over again as then I'll be disappointed again.

So thx again and have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS the actions are working !!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply BUT could you please stop putting that word 'easily' in the instructions because it ain't !

Who do you think you are talking to?

This is a user Forum and I am not an Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's the one being rude here?

I'm just saying that if i do read a sentence as the one you've copied and give as a solution (and by this agree with that I suppose)

I don't have to agree with that 'easy' part because remove and reinstall PS isn't a question of some minutes. You have to uninstall first, download PS again, reinstall some plugins running that script action in PS and do the whole process all over again if I want my Dutch version back and again for a second application the first you need it again. So, ok, maybe it's easy doing all that but it takes a lot of time !

So I'll be kind and thankful your time putting an answer on this forum but I don't take any word back, sorry.

Don't bother to reply again I did receive a shorter solution that works without restarting so I'm glad I've been helped.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try by going in Edit>Preferences>Interface: Interface language

If you get only Dutch try restarting you computer.

If nothing happens, as last chance, try this

close PS.go to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2017\Locales\YOUR_LANGUAGE\Support Files

find this file tw10428.dat and modify name in tw10428.dat.backup

Now your PS is in english, if you want to bring it to your language just remove .backup to that filename and bring it back as tw10428.dat; than go to CreativeCloud setting and set Dutch as app language

Please mind that after changing language in English by this method, you may need to delete and reinstall the software to bring it back at your language, so do it carefully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Italosan,

thank you very much.  i just got English working on my Japanese computer!  very happy.

arigato!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this has been solved, but I cant think of why this current method is so tedious. Each installer has all languages actually in the KPG files. If there is a trick to get them all on install. Asking users to download the app again for 5mb DAT file is hideous! I don't mean disrespect, but the person(s) which thought about the method of changing languages didn't really do a good job.

If you can find an old PKG installer file, perhaps dig around when its updating. There is a folder in that installer which has all the languages for Photoshop you need. I guess with the cloud method you can only do this once since the PKG is probably deleted after updating. I have super bad internet were I live so I did not like this method of downloading it each time. So I started digging in the installer files. I found this method works and can easily install as much languages as I want or which are available on install.

Why doesn't Adobe implement a method where only the LOCALE folder is installed. I understand the current method through Cloud is global and also takes care of feature updates. I just think that the implementation can be done smarter. A simple check script could easily see if an app is installed if so then only download locale pack, if not then download full installer. Thats is that hard to implement right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spyderABC​ c.pfaffenbichler​

This is a support forum, not a place to argue.

Please stop it now, otherwise the thread will be closed and the messages deleted.

Thank you

Italo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry wasn’t ment that way - very glad I was helped.

Best,

Rik Claus

(Edited by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines