Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Autocorrect Capitalization Errors Not Working in Indonesian Language

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

How to solve the issue The Autocorrect Capitalization Errors not working in Indonesian language, even the all Autocorrect option have activated as per shown in Screen shot below:

AUTOCORRECT CAPITALIZATION ERROS.jpg

Please advise how to solve it.

Thanks & B/regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

You have your preferences set up correctly, I think. But what language is your text marked as?

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.05.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.05.35 AM.png

You can also set the language in a paragraph or character style:

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.13.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not sure where to start. Auto-capitalization works only on "correctly spelled words." InDesign applies a dictionary to perform spellcheck. Is your text marked as English? I don't think that Bahasa Indonesia is in the InDesign language list, so it probably is marked as English. The language of a given bit of text can be set in the Character panel, or in the Paragraph Style.

If you want to key in Bahasa Indonesia and have it auto-capitalize, you'd need to install a dictionary from Hunspell in order to perform spellcheck correctly. I found this video on how to do it, but I've not watched the whole thing. It seems like what you need, though.

It may seem like a lot of work, but it will enable not only spellcheck on Indonesian, but also auto-capitalization on Indonesian as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your advise, I will do as per your information.

B/regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joel,

I have watch the video link, however this tutorial is for Mac, my OS is Windows 10, I difficult to open the "Package" that shown in the tutorial, please advice whether there are any other way to add the dictionary under Windows 10 system (64bit).

Thanks & B/regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the official help entry from Adobe on adding Hunspell dictionaries to InDesign:

Add and remove Hunspell dictionaries in different languages in InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Joel,

Thank you I have add & Modified PLIST file however still doesn't work, even the Indonesian Language have appeared in drop down menu of Dictionary & Autocorrect and I have activate all the Spelling Option.

Any way to solve this issue.

Thanks & B/regards,

Dictionary with Indonesian Language.jpg

Autocorect with Indonesian Language.jpg

SPELLING ACTIVE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have your preferences set up correctly, I think. But what language is your text marked as?

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.05.25 AM.png

You can also set the language in a paragraph or character style:

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.13.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joel thank for your information, marked text is the same in Indonesian language, the function still didn't working properly and there still some issues:

1. The Capitalize First Letter of Sentence and the Spelling didn't working, only in English Language working well,

2. Not like Microsoft Word, and CorelDraw, the First Letter of Sentence can working automatically and the Spelling can working well with Language preset.

We hope Adobe can update these patch so The Capitalize First Letter of Sentence and the Spelling can working automatically with the Language preset (like Microsoft Word).

The Capitalize First Letter tdk bekerja.jpgonly autocorrect working.jpg

B/regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can set it up successfully in my install of InDesign, and it behaves just like MS Word. I think it's not working for you because your text is not marked as Indonesian on your side. You've been showing me the Preferences pane, and your settings there look perfect. However, you haven't shown me a Character pane or a Paragraph styles pane;. That's where you need to mark text as Indonesian. Like so:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.43.57 AM.png

Here's a close-up of one of your  screenshots. See the wavy red underlines?

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.48.02 AM.png

Those underlines show you which words are misspelled. InDesign thinks this sentence is in English, and is showing all Indonesian words as spelled incorrectly. That is because this text is marked as English in the Character panel. 

So, here's how you can test to see if auto-capitaliztion works:

1) Start a new empty document.

2) Go to Window -> Type and Tables -> Character.

3) In the Language dropdown, select Indonesian.

4) Select the Type tool, then draw a text frame.

5) Start typing. If the word is spelled correctly, it should auto-capitalize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Joel,

Thank you very much for your re-advice, now the Indonesian Language working well after I change the Language in Character to Indonesian Language, the Spelling & Autocorrect working well as per attached screen shot.

B/regards,

Indonesian Language bekerja..jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines