• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twain plugin for Elements 15

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please tell me where to find the twain plugin for Elements 15 and how to place it into Elements so that I can use my scanner.

Any help would be appreciated.

Marj.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

The legacy TWAIN plug-in usually works only with 32bit apps. PSE15 is a 64 bit application so it is unlikely to be compatible.

You may need to use the software that came with your scanner, to get photos onto your computer and then import into Elements 15.

If you still have an older 32 bit version of PSE you can keep it installed and it will happily work side by side with PSE15.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marj,

Apologies for the inconvenience cause!

Please refer to following link for installing and placing TWAIN plugin: TWAIN is not installed with Photoshop Elements 11 .

Enjoy Photoshop Elements,

Shraddha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legacy TWAIN plug-in usually works only with 32bit apps. PSE15 is a 64 bit application so it is unlikely to be compatible.

You may need to use the software that came with your scanner, to get photos onto your computer and then import into Elements 15.

If you still have an older 32 bit version of PSE you can keep it installed and it will happily work side by side with PSE15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies for such a slow reply.  I had to find my old disc for PSE10.  I have re-installed this and it works well with PSE15 as you said.  I scan in PSE10, save to desktop and then open in PSE15 to edit.

What a shame that Adobe have a new programme with so many bells and whistles but we have to use an older version to get a decent scan.  I wonder if there is any chance of a scanner update in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines