• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 plug-in folder Where is it?

Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this question has been asked before but it doesn't return an answer searching. Can someone tell me please where the Plug-in folder is in Photoshop CC 2017 for Windows 8.1 is? Moving something as trivial as this only gets users confused... More than normal I mean!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

I know answering yourself is not smart but I chased down 1 plugin CC copied from CS and found the location of the Plug-in folder.

\program files\common files\Adobe\Plug-Ins

Simple when you have history to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gives the file locations, but can you tell us what exactly you are trying to do?

Photoshop CS6 preference file functions, names, locations

If you have updated Photoshop and lost some plugins, you need to download the latest versions of those plugins, and reinstall.  That will let them hook in to the new Photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Trevor. I've just gone back to CC after relying in CS for a few months and needed to (as many upgraders would need to) Have Photoshop CC recognize my plugins and Actions. I went through the idiot process of re-installing my plugins a fe years ago. Along the way getting messages like 'too many installs' and such because I've put first larger and eventually SSD drives in my computer. Far easier to just move existing x64 and 8ba files to the new plug ins folder. I found the location - posted in an earlier reply to myself. All is well now. Saved a few hours that shouldn't have to be this hard to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be useful to other people to know which particular plug-ins put a limit on the number of installations?   I think I might have run into that with Alien Skin ( I can't be sure though).  I don't remember it happening with anything else though. (Topaz bundle, Alien Skin Eye Candy 7, Flaming Pear space bundle and Flood, NIK — which is free now so obviously not an issue — and Pro Digital Star Filter Pro 4 — which several of this forum's regulars a beta testers for, but I would buy it if I had to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know answering yourself is not smart but I chased down 1 plugin CC copied from CS and found the location of the Plug-in folder.

\program files\common files\Adobe\Plug-Ins

Simple when you have history to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines