• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unistall and reinstall on Lightroom. ['Lightroom quit unexpectedly' message ever time LR is opened on Mac]

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom on my Mac and every time I click the application on my desktop it doesn't open and just comes up with the message. 'Lightroom quit unexpectedly.' I plan to uninstall it and reinstall it but as a paying customer and it costing $200 Australian I just want to be sure that this will not affect anything and I will be able to reinstall it without any drama. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Hi Kyle,

Please try to run lightroom from terminal, using

"/Applications/Adobe\ Lightroom/Adobe\ Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Lightroom"

It will show some error message in the console.

Also, kindly add following to your config.lua file

loggers["*"] = {

logLevel='debug',

action = "traceback"

}

and restart lightroom from Terminal.

and post the logs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry man, as in? Not much idea when comes to computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error messages? Anything relating to Lightroom?

Try resetting Preferences first.

If that does not solve it, start Lightroom and when it closes check the Console for the latest batch of messages to see if you can find any clues as to what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset the preferences but no change after that, I had a look into the console but that is all gibberish to me. What're your thoughts on reinstalling the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly try but it is unlikely to help. Also is your operating system up-to-date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check that? I don't know if this has any relevance but in my Lightroom library there was about one thousand random symboled photos. Some black then others with random images I just put them all in trash and emptied it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the link John posted to see what the console is. You can see all kinds of error messages there but if you're not so into computers it is often rather hard to understand what you're looking at. Also have you tried restarting the computer? Have you tried resetting the Lightroom preferences (see here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/  )​ That can also help when Lightroom is misbehaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences but has made no change in the application. What're your thoughts on reinstalling the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kyle,

Please try to run lightroom from terminal, using

"/Applications/Adobe\ Lightroom/Adobe\ Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Lightroom"

It will show some error message in the console.

Also, kindly add following to your config.lua file

loggers["*"] = {

logLevel='debug',

action = "traceback"

}

and restart lightroom from Terminal.

and post the logs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines