• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I need Adobe when using Photoshop? And what pictures (out of 10) are prohibited to load down ( my own or oher peopels)?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I need Adobe when using Photoshop?

Can´t I use only Photoshop, as I did before installing Windows 10?

And I don´t understand what pictures (out of 10), that can I load down?

Do you mean 10 of my own pictures or 10 of another persons pictures?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

No you can't any longer buy any CS6 products , Eternal Warrior. You can of course still download the master media but it will only run as a trial and you won't be able to buy a serial.

Update: You Can No Longer Buy CS6 from Adobe – Here’s Why | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about running Photoshop without the Creative Cloud?

If that is the case... then for me it is better to have the Creative Cloud Desktop installed this way you will always get the new updates.  Which the updates can be very beneficial at times.

Not sure what you mean regarding 10 pictures?  Please explain this a little more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anitat42270848 wrote:

Why do I need Adobe when using Photoshop?

Adobe created  Photoshop.

If you mean do you have to use the cloud storage or Adobe Stock - then no you don't.

Can´t I use only Photoshop, as I did before installing Windows 10?

Yes you can use Photoshop CC as a standalone application. You do need an internet connection as CC "checks in" occasionally to ensure your subscription is still valid. But that internet connection is not needed 100% of the time - so you can still use Photoshop when you are away from an internet connection.

And I don´t understand what pictures (out of 10), that can I load down?

Do you mean 10 of my own pictures or 10 of another persons pictures?

Do you mean the 10 free Adobe Stock Images? - These are images created by other people and downloadable from Adobe Stock . There is a charge for use which varies by image and the Adobe offer is for free use of up to 10 of those images.

Your own images are yours - whether you store them on your computer or on the cloud.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand the question of 10 pictures.

Thank you for answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 10 pictures sounds like you are referring to the 10 free Adobe Stock images advertisement that Adobe has been running.

However I'm not sure what you mean with regards to needing Adobe for Photoshop?

Adobe created/own Photoshop.

If this is a reference to owning the CC version of Photoshop versus outright purchasing then you can still do this but it not only will cost you more in the short term (and long term truth be told) but you also will miss out on latest product releases and all the updates that come with that.

You will also likely miss out on getting other fantastic adobe programmes that come with the basic photography package etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you can only subscribe to Photoshop now – CS6 on a disk has been stopped.

You can, of course, still but the Photoshop Elements disk for a one-off payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good points Derek!

I believe you can still digitally download CS6 etc.. However I would still argue that most people including the OP wouldn't get any real benefit for this purchasing model unless of course you are the rare exception that might for example travel globally as a photographer in a lot of rural and "3rd world" (Hate that expression...) countries where the internet is unfortunately still limited etc...

But I digress...

Great points made all the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't any longer buy any CS6 products , Eternal Warrior. You can of course still download the master media but it will only run as a trial and you won't be able to buy a serial.

Update: You Can No Longer Buy CS6 from Adobe – Here’s Why | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ok - I didn't read that... Thanks for the update!

I'll be sure to point this out from now on.

BTW - I remember a discussion thread in which the OP specifically didn't want and couldn't viably support (in terms of his travelling schedule etc not payment) the CC and wanted an outright purchase.

What do we advise people with similar requests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All we can really suggest is Photoshop Elements for outright purchase, but we can  remind OPs that Creative Cloud only requires a web connection once a month, so even when travelling without internet access it does work as a standalone non cloud app. I will also tell people to check out Affinity Photo as an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Thank´s for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I have got answers to my questions. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines