• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate topics created in printed .doc

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

each chapter (book) is replicated, first one that is numbered, and then another without TOC numbering

plus the last two chapters are missing

the glossary prints here but does not show in the Help file

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008
When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is associated with the chapter in its Properties, but it is not a file included again in the chapter.

During compilation, I do see two Processing '11 - About xx'... statements after each Building '11 - xx'... statements

In my b]Print Document Content - Printed Document dialog, the Chapter Layout pane shows two of every topic, I can re-order them, but can’t remove them.

When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2008 Aug 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have the topic linked to the book and then included in its own right. If so, you are effectively telling the layout you want it in twice.

Have you ticked the check box for the glossary when generating the online help?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was probably it

don't see a check box in the properties dialog for HTML Help, is there another place where it might be?

the field to select the Glossary is blank...

only found one manaul page break in .doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click a book, you can see whether or not a topic is linked. If it is, remove the link.

If the tick box is blank, you won't get a glossary.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is associated with the chapter in its Properties, but it is not a file included again in the chapter.

During compilation, I do see two Processing '11 - About xx'... statements after each Building '11 - xx'... statements

In my b]Print Document Content - Printed Document dialog, the Chapter Layout pane shows two of every topic, I can re-order them, but can’t remove them.

When I right click a book in the TOC, I can see that a file is associated with it in the Properties, but it is not a file included again in the chapter. During compilation, I do see two Processing '11 - About xx'... statements after each Building '11 - xx'... statements

In my Print Document Content - Printed Document properties, the Chapter Layout shows two of every topic, I can re-order them, but can’t remove them…

The RoboHelp Help file may have actually helped – the first time! Its notes said all Word documents must be closed, and to remove all (<<) and then add all (>>). That cleaned up the duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Send me some screenshots and explain what you are seeing and what you expect to see. Send via my site and include a link to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp