• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

align all composition window view positions and size?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with multiple comps, After Effects remembers the zoom and the offset of the composition view for each comp.

I would like to know if its possible to disable this, or at least if there is a way to center/reset the composition view to a default position and scale.

I know there is the snapshot button, to compare between comps, but I find it too slow, and inconvenient when comparing more than 2 different compositions.

If you are not sure what I mean, here is an example of the composition view remembering the offset:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24304389/comp%20pos.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

these shortcuts are all you got:

they will all center your composition view, but won't keep the magnification ratio. if you think there should be more options for this, you can ask for it here: After Effects keyboard shortcuts reference

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these shortcuts are all you got:

they will all center your composition view, but won't keep the magnification ratio. if you think there should be more options for this, you can ask for it here: After Effects keyboard shortcuts reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei,

I didn't know about the / hotkey, using alt+/ aligned all the views perfectly!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I use it all the time thanks for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines