• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

black is grey after export

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

since i have premiere elements 15, i have a problem with premiere that i never had before. If i export a video, the black isn't that black like in the editing window. It is more like a grey. It is like the value for the export masterblack is a bit higher. But there is no way to change this value.

I have edited mov from canon 5dII and the problem is not depending on the export format.

my emergency solution: I changed the black value in every video part to an unnatural dark to have an acceptable result.

Hopefully, somebody can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say how you're viewing your output file (on what media player) or how your'e comparing the before to after, but Premiere Elements does not change the color levels of your videos unless you add some sort of color level effect.

What leads you to believe that the video is being changed by the program?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is your video?

How are you generating the black video you're viewing? What media player are you using to view your output file?

When you add your camcorder video to your timeline, is there a yellow-orange "render" line over the first clip on Video 1? This is an indication that your project is not properly matching your project settings to your video specs.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I tried mpeg, mp4 and mov and viewed it on vlc player and quick time player. It is always the same.

As long as i have an video file in the editing window everything is fine, it looks like before in the vlc or quick time player, but if i export it, the video has not enough contrast anymore / the black level is higher than before, although i didnt do anything to color, gamma or something like that.

The camera is a canon 5d II, resolution 1920 x 1080.

I don't generate a black; i mean the black level in every moving pic.

I don't have an orange line after i imported the videos.

Before updating from premiere elements 11 to 15 i never had problems like that. I always had a result as i saw it before in the edting window. Thus i think the program does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a setting in your monitor calibration or perhaps your media player.

Based on the workflow you've described, Premiere Elements would do nothing to change your color levels.

If you uploaded a sample video to YouTube or, even better, if you output a DVD and played it on your TV, you would see that this is the case.

However, if you'd like to invite a comparison, please do a screen capture of VLC Media Player playing your original footage and then, for comparison next to it, a screen capture of VLC Media Player playing the MP4 you've Export & Shared and post the side by side comparison to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it be the monitor, when everything is ok if i play an original video from the cam in the media player?

Why should it be the media player, when everything is ok if i play an original, unedited video, which comes from the cam?

I guess, the monitor or the media player won't change its settings from before premiere to after premiere.

I 'll try to show it with pics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original video from cam in vlc:

original video.JPG

video imported to premiere, without any changes in color, contrast, gamma etc.; black level still as in the original:

Screenshot Premiere.JPG

video exported from premiere and played in vlc; black higher than before:

premiere export.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you are seeing what you're seeing.

As I say, the program will do nothing to change the color levels of your video unless you tell it to.

Is it possible your original video uses a non-default color space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously it changes while exporting, i thought maybe there's a possibility to deactivate it, that i don't know.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you message on the forum. Could you please check and help us in resolving the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first thank you for your answer and apologies that i respond so late.

Where can I send the examples to you? Here in the forum, or directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the black look like when importing the exported file back into elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please send the files directly via message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines