• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Lightroom gives different results between built in lens profile and manually selecting it?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Builtin profile.JPGmanual profile.JPG

I am on the latest version of Lightroom and I noticed that under Lens Correction my lenses will show a message:

"Built in Lens Profile applied". But if I choose Enable Profile Corrections and select the correct lens there, then the photo looks different.

Am I applying double "correction" or is this choosing between the Camera built in Profile correction and the Lightroom profile corrections???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Let me correct this: Your embedded profile is for chromatic aberration only. So, you must not manually activate this.

However, you still need to manually enable the distortion correction if you want it to be corrected.

Note the difference in the info text on your post and the linked page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the built-in profile you must not put a check mark to enable the correction.

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me correct this: Your embedded profile is for chromatic aberration only. So, you must not manually activate this.

However, you still need to manually enable the distortion correction if you want it to be corrected.

Note the difference in the info text on your post and the linked page.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines