• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WTF?! Confused with new subscription service--help!

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used InDesign (CS5.5) for 6 years.  PageMaker for 20 years (yes, that's how old I am).  I just upgraded my pc to a computer with windows 10.  I was getting ready to load InDesign and figured I'd better call to get an upgraded version, when Adobe rather abruptly informed me that they went to subscription service and to get the version of InDesign and Acrobat I need it----will be $400 a year--every year!  What???

I don't use InDesign everyday like I used to..... I'm an occassional user.  Acrobat I use for PDF creation.  I know I'm behind in this technology, but what's a person to do that is less expensive?  They said I could buy a copy without tech support, but they don't know where to buy it???!  What?  They make the product but they don't know where a loyal user can purchase it?  So my question is----for all those people who use InDesign occasionally, where should I buy it and what are the pluses and minuses of doing so.....  Same with Acrobat? 

I thought there were discounts for registered users but there isn't.... I just feel they are so indifferent to someone that has been using the product so long.......  I can't afford $400 a year.   And, I can't start learning a new page layout program.  Too much of a learning curve.  If I was running a big business it would be one thing, but I'm just a single user with one computer. 

Thanks.

PS.  They also told me that CS5.5 doesn't work on Windows 10.  Is that true?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

discounts never applied to users more than 2 versions old, but still apply to acrobat (and a few other program) purchasers.  ie, acrobat is (and few other programs are) available by subscription and purchase that same way they've always been and discounts are the same, Software & Services

p.s. you can expect some (or a lot of) problems using cs5.5 with win 10, but most of them can be resolved by using compatibility mode when installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines