• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map Module problem placing photos correctly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Map Module When I drop a photo on a location it moves to another location. Much of the time if I drop on X  the flag will go about 5cm higher & 10cm left of the cursor.  After many days of trying to find a solution that included resetting preferences & refreshing the catalogue( I lost it & found it), I did find a link between the problem & font size as set in preferences/interface.  When the font size is set at automatic, small, or medium, there is no problem.  When set on large however the problem returns.

I have twin Dell 27" monitors with the resolution at 2560 X 1440. I really need the font set to large so I can comfortably read the text.

I can have either comfortably sized text or a properly functioning map.

Any ideas on how to have both?
Thanks
Gordon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

It's a bug in CC 2015.8 / Windows 10: Bug in Map module of Lightroom 6.8 | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Two others have reported the same symptoms, and Jayg01 has posted there.  There is a partial workaround described.

Please continue all discussion in that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a direct answer to your question, but a "thinking outside the box" answer.

Use GeoSetter to place photos on the map, read the GPS metadata created by GeoSetter into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that but I would prefer to keep it simpler & have it work within Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which EXACT version of Lightroom are you using.  There was a problem with this on one dot release of Lightroom 6 but it has been fixed in the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC  2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works fine on Lr2015.8 on my Mac OS X 10.11.6 but in preferences/interface I only have Small and Large and I am using Large.  You must be on Windows so I will defer to a Windows person and hope they can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bug in CC 2015.8 / Windows 10: Bug in Map module of Lightroom 6.8 | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Two others have reported the same symptoms, and Jayg01 has posted there.  There is a partial workaround described.

Please continue all discussion in that thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines