Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf problems when a pdf file is brought up on a Web Site

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is windows 7.0 Professional

I am using Adobe Acrobat Standard 9.0     ([ Mod: Serial number removed ])

I have this program on 4 machines and only one of them has the problem I am about to describe

I have an interesting development on one of my computers at the office.

The other 3 computers work fine and do NOT have this problem.

When I go to any Web Site with Internet Explorer and open a
Pdf file and try to print it the program freezes and I can’t close the
file???????

Additionally I changed a Pdf document link in Wordpress on my own Web Site and
when I opened it I can NOT step through the pages, print or close the file??????

To see if my site was working properly elsewhere I pulled my site up on the

other 3 computers and it worked fine, so it looks like the issue is isolated to my one

computer at the office.

My IT person suggested that I uninstall Adobe and re-install it.  Since this product is

an older version I thought I would check with you to see if that is a good course of

action, or if I should consider upgrading to a newer product.  Version 9.0 does all I

need the program for, but I would still want your advice prior to proceeding.

What would you suggest that I do at this point?

Rick Romero

RSR Financial Resources

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Acrobat 9 is no longer supported by Adobe, which means you will not get an official word from Adobe.

In general, it's not a good idea to run software that does no longer receive security updates. If you are aware of the problems, then you are of course free to do whatever you want. Acrobat 9 will run on Windows 7, so the only problem you have to deal with after you re-install is how to get the updates to get from Acrobat 9.0.0 to the latest version. See here for some information about how to do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 9 is no longer supported by Adobe, which means you will not get an official word from Adobe.

In general, it's not a good idea to run software that does no longer receive security updates. If you are aware of the problems, then you are of course free to do whatever you want. Acrobat 9 will run on Windows 7, so the only problem you have to deal with after you re-install is how to get the updates to get from Acrobat 9.0.0 to the latest version. See here for some information about how to do that: Where are my Adobe Acrobat 9 Updates??? - KHKonsulting LLC ​ - make sure to also read the comments: Changing your computer's clock will give you a head start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines