• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to copy a high resolution image into a new Document getting error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to past a cutout of a high resolution photo into a new document inside of photoshop and I'm getting this error. How do I fix it?Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.13.18 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

The dialogue is warning you that you are going to change your imported document from 16 bit to 8 bit (or 32 bit to 16 bit) . In most cases just carry on - or if you need the higher bit depth - click "No" then change the document you are pasting into to the higher bit depth ( Using Image - Mode)  then re-try.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialogue is warning you that you are going to change your imported document from 16 bit to 8 bit (or 32 bit to 16 bit) . In most cases just carry on - or if you need the higher bit depth - click "No" then change the document you are pasting into to the higher bit depth ( Using Image - Mode)  then re-try.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did this, but it still drastically alters the appearance of my image. Is there not a way to avoid that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit depth doesn't "drastically alter appearance". Then it's something else.

Can you post a side by side screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosse - the caveat being if the original is 32bpc and one selects an inappropriate HDR tone mapping setting.

I created the following preset to speed up such conversions and leave them “almost visually the same as the original”:

tone-mapping.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines