Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My image RUINED by PSD 2017.1 [THREAD LOCKED]

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was shocking.  In my 25 years as a Photoshop user, I've

never seen the program actually ruin an image.

I clicked on the text tool a few times, and the

word "TEXT" appeared all over the image.  I couldn't eliminate the

multiple words from the text.  They were tattooed there.

I closed the document without saving, hoping that would get rid

of the words.

When I re-opened, TEXT stamps still covered the image.

If anyone knows how to do a bug report, I guess this experience

should justify one.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

litefish wrote:

Honey, you didn't help at all. You wasted my time.

A big pat on your back for volunteering.

Back when I worked as a volunteer in the forums, I didn't waste people's time, pretending to know something when I didn't.

Now that's way too much. You have been repeatedly rude to people who have tried to help you, but that has crossed the line into abuse, and will be reported as such.   I'm locking this thread, and ask that if want to continue posting to this forum you treat people with resp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What zoom ratio are you viewing at?

Try turning off GPU acceleration.

What operating system are you using?

Do you have a Wacom tablet connected to this system?

Do you have another computer you can view the image with?

Try viewing the PSD file with an app like Ifanview (if you are a Windows user.  I don't know of a Mac equivalent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on OS 10.12.3.  All sorts of different zoom ratios.  No Wacom, or other computers to view image with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off GPU acceleration?  You said that you closed without saving, which indicates an artefact and the GPU is the main cause of those.

Apparently OSX has a built in PSD viewer.  How do the files look in that?

View PSD files without Photoshop in Mac OS X

You obviously need to find out if the issue is burned in or not, as a first step.  If it is, then it had to have saved over the original.  Would Time Machine let you go back to an earlier version?  I am not flash with OSX and Macs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are reporting just doesn't make a lot of sense. If you close a file without saving, then the original file will remain untouched. It sounds like you have a display issue, or you reopened a temporarily saved image. Surely the original image still exists on your hard drive. If not, then you did not close or quit without saving.

Also, if you are running any kind of back up, like time machine on a Mac you can always go back and retireve the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it doesn't make sense, which is why I think this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you haven't saved it at all... what is the modification date on the file? Is that before, at the point of, or after, this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The modification date says yesterday at 2 AM, so that would be after the error.

The error is the word "Text" repeated 6 times over the subject.

I did not type the word  "Text."  A new word appeared every time I tried to activate the

text tool.  I have been unable to duplicate this problem.  The text tool no longer

types the word "Text" when clicked on.

this is a bug.

Please stop asking questions, and start attempting to shed light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

litefish wrote:

Please stop asking questions, and start attempting to shed light.

How about reading what has been written and _answering_ questions? 

Please go back though this thread, and follow the advice given, and report back.  No one can help you without the information we are requesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I always thought that the way to solve weird problems was to ask the person with the problem about it. You're obviously much smarter than I am (perhaps than all of us), so I will not trouble you any more with my clumsy attempts at so-called help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical.  You don't have a clue, so you start insulting me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way we get clues is to ask questions, just like doctors. That's how it works.

You have a perfect right not to answer, and we have a perfect right not to help any further.

Please understand that these forums are not Adobe Support. The vast majority of the participants here are end users themselves volunteering their personal time to assist other users. Occasionally, Adobe employees do monitor these forums although in many cases, they are also not part of Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would all like to help you out, but we have very little to go on. You haven't shared what version of Photoshop you are using, or your hardware set up (other than it is a Mac running OSX 10.12.3), details of how the 'bug' occurred, if you have had continued problems, or if this was an isolated problem, or even an image of what the 'bug' looks like.

Nobody here is pretending to know anything more than what little you have shared with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an obnoxious individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

litefish wrote:

Honey, you didn't help at all. You wasted my time.

A big pat on your back for volunteering.

Back when I worked as a volunteer in the forums, I didn't waste people's time, pretending to know something when I didn't.

Now that's way too much. You have been repeatedly rude to people who have tried to help you, but that has crossed the line into abuse, and will be reported as such.   I'm locking this thread, and ask that if want to continue posting to this forum you treat people with respect.

[THREAD LOCKED]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines