Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects Option in InDesign CS6 is GONE!

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to start this thread by saying I am not an InDesign expert by any means, by I use it frequently and know my way around... for the most part.

My 'Effects' panel is completely missing. But not just the panel, the entire option seems to be missing. I've attached a screenshot of the Menu Customization dialog box and as you'll notice, Effects is completely missing. I am so confused as to how this even happened and what to do now.

I've looked at numerous forum threads and nothing has worked.

Also, I do not have the original disc for this program- this is my work computer so I have no idea if I'm able to uninstall and re-install it without a disc.

PLEASE, if anyone has any ideas on how I can get my Effects back let me know!! I am SO annoyed with this and I'm sick of having to edit my photos with Photoshop and then re-placing them in my InDesign document.

Thank you so much!!!

-Shannon

P.S. If you need more information let me know and I will try to help as much as possible!

menu.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would try is restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply!

I just tried the manual reset and the quick method, neither of these solved the problem.

However, I was unsuccessful at getting a dialog box to pop up with the quick method so maybe I'm not doing it right... I tried pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT as fast as I could.

Is there something I'm missing or a different way of doing this?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

BTW, you can uninstall / reinstall using these files: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Windows 7. I just used the quick version to reset the preferences and it did not restore the Effects.

I will give that a try! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines