• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Crashes

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to edit/create a document and almost every time I save my work (quick or save as) an error message pops up saying adobe is not working then crashes. When I restart adobe, it brings up a message about recovering lost work but it never recovers it. This same thing happens when I try to combine pdf files, no matter the size of the files. It seems like these simple actions are too much for the program to handle. I've lost hours of work and cant continue to do this.

I am on a Windows running windows 10, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program, repaired installation, updates and so on. Nothing seems to work.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chadd85768050,

Please share the exact error message that you get and you may share a screenshot for the same.

Refer to the link below to share the screenshot:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

Also, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application using the Adobe cleaner tool.

Refer to the link below for the Adobe cleaner tool:

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a screen shot with the error message.

Using the link above, I downloaded and used the cleaner tool. After this, I downloaded acrobat pro DC and received the same message (attached).

Doc1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chadd85768050 ,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are sorry that you are facing such problem.

Can you provide us the following information so that we can reproduce the issue at our end?

• Acrobat Pro DC Version that you are using at your end
  • Exact steps to reproduce the issue.
  • Is this specific to a particular file or is this reproducible on multiple files?
    • Can you share with us the files on which the issue is reproducible

Looking forward to your cooperation.

Regards,

Onkesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC Version: 15.23.20053.211670

Steps:

1. Open acrobat

2. Tools and select combine files

3. Add files

4. Select 1st file (1.17 MB PDF containing text and simple black and white drawings)

5. Select 2nd file (708 KB PDF containing text and simple black and white drawings)

6. Select combine

First document processes then second document starts and immediately crashes.

Acrobat does not ask if I want to recover my last session anymore. It did for the first several crashes.

I cannot share the files on here. If there is a confidential way of sending them, I can do that. Both of the files are from the same book, just different chapters.

The issue only arises when combing pdf files that have been edited in acrobat and have blank pages. This happens if one or more of the files have the blank pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have the same problem when combining files: reported in case 0188649288.

Agent Shilpi did a workaround (8 Feb 2017) by recreating the offending file and said problem would be investigated further. NB All the files combined OK using other pdf software (e.g. FoxitPhantom), and also combined OK using Acrobat Acrobat XI Pro, so problem is definitely with Acrobat DC. No solution as yet from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines