Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop elements 14 - Unable to Rename Multiple Files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-02-06 Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 - Problem Renaming Multiple Files.JPG

Under "Process Multiple Files, " suddenly I am now unable to rename multiple files.  (See Image Above). I am using the same procedure I have always used, but now am getting the error message shown.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. - I also tried changing to a different Destingation Folder, but I received the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I don't understand is that there is nothing in the drop-down menu just over:

Starting serial #:  1

Can you select an option by clicking on the small triangle on the right of the empty field?

For me, it's either 'None' or a choice of a pattern of digits or letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had selected "none" from the drop-down menu in the box above Serial #.  Nothing appeared in the box afterwards. I just tried it again and got the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bethm37945724 wrote:

I had selected "none" from the drop-down menu in the box above Serial #. Nothing appeared in the box afterwards. I just tried it again and got the same error message.

"None" would mean that you want to copy or rename a list of files with the same file name in the same folder?

Choose the common templates so that all files are renamed with a sequential name, like 'MyPhoto0001', 'MyPhoto0002' etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the problem by inserting "Three Digit Serial Number" in that box, which corresponds to the starting number in the box below it.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines