• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buying cloud student membership in US and using in another country

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question.

As an exchange student, I have to take a class that requires me to install photoshop and indesign.

I am willing to do it, but I am worried about possible issues I might encounter because I will go back to my home country this april.

If I get discount as a student membership here in US, can I be charged more later?

(I will still be student next year but in my home country.)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your student discount lasts as long as you are a student (though you need to renew and re-verify your student status each year) or the length of your subscription (whichever is longer), Adobe Creative Cloud Education FAQ.

but the rate changes after the first year.  read the terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that?

When I see messages from people complaining that their student subscription cost went up after their first year, I post...

One Year Intro Price https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2270867

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, but i clarified the need to re-verify student status each year:

after the first year, their subscription terminates (even if student status ended earlier) because there are no subscriptions longer than 1 year.

if they still qualify for a student discount at the end of their subscription term, they would need to apply for another student discount in order to qualify for student status the 2nd year, etc.

ie, student/teacher status needs to be renewed each year to verify the student/teacher still qualifies.

and no, you're correct: the price will change in future student years from about $20/mo to about $30/mo with repeated verifications.  so while still significantly discounted for students, non-intro subscriptions cost more than the intro rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines