Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Blank Window

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me when I open AE.

I've got an i5 6600K, GTX 970 and Windows 10 x64 (Spanish)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show us and provide exact Ae version full numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the most updated version, I don't know how to find the exact number.ae.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to find the exact number.

click Help-> About After Effects

I recall a similar thread: Blank Window before starting AE, unfortunately Op did not continue to post more information. Op also mentioned that hitting Esc makes Ae runs back to normal.

this looks like either corrupted preferences or a problem with the GPU Driver.

I would try this:

1. resetting your preferences. here's how: Reset After Effects Preferences if you can't make this work then delete the preferences file which is in this folder: (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]

find the pref file that looks like this and delete it:

2. update your Display driver through the manufacturer site

come back with the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and tried what you suggested, no dice. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this issue is very annoying and has appeared in several threads. not solution yet, I would advise to contact Adobe's costumer service and try to solve this via chat and remote desktop with a support agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that it would be GPU drivers? There is an Nvidia update available for me (I have a 970m in the notebook I use for AE) and will be updating to that shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug should be fixed in the update that released today. See Tim's post about it here. The After Effects CC 2017 update to version 14.2 is rolling out worldwide. It may take a day or so to show up for you depending on where you live. You also may need to log out and back in to your CC app or other funky things to get it to show up.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ae.png

It's the most updated version, I don't know how to find the exact number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi inSeyven,

Thanks so much for reporting this issue and very sorry it is interrupting your workflow. Please file a bug here so that we can look more closely at your specific issue.

I hope to post an update here once we find a solution for this frustrating issue. Please add any additional commentary you may have as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines