• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Animate update broke debug link with Flash Builder

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Animate CC 2017.1 to Build 16.1.0.86. Now clicking the Debug Movie in Flash Professional doesn't work. When I click it, focus switches to the Animate app but nothing else happens. Before Animate would compile and export the SWF file and if no compile bugs were found start the debug player. I can run the debugger from Animate but it won't recognize any debug breakpoints I set in Flash Builder or report any compiling errors in Flash Builder.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

dr_melzie, I ran into issues with other bugs in version 16.0.0.112, so I had to upgrade, but the debugger and breakpoint integration with Flash Builder 4.7 still works in Animate 16.0.1.119 also, just not 16.1.0 (yet?). It's weird because I don't think it worked in the previous version of 16.0.1.x but it does in 16.0.1.119, and downloading the previous version of 16.0.1 isn't an option anymore in CC that I can see, just "(2017) 16.0.1" is listed and it will install 16.0.1.119. So hopefully it's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Animate and then reinstalled the previous version of Animate (Build 16.0.0.112) and the debug link with Flash Builder was restored. So it must be a problem with the newest version of Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this document for the latest info Edit and debug ActionScript

Flash Builder, from what I understand, is end of development. Probably why you are having issues with the workflow. Let me check with the team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on whether or not Adobe will ensure compatibility between Flash Builder and Animate CC? If not, they should give Animate CC the kind of code editing tools are describe below.

The info in Edit and debug ActionScript is the basic setup/procedure which worked before I updated and didn't work after I updated. And I have no idea if this, "Note: (Animate CC only) The Design View workflow between Animate and Flash Builder is deprecated. On initiating this workflow from Flash Builder 4.6, an exception is thrown in Animate." is relevant because there's no date attached to it or build versions stated.

One of my per peeves about documents on the Adobe website is a lack of a last update date so the reader can tell if that info is still relevant or not.

The tools for iced editing in the Animate text editor are nowhere near what's available in Flash Builder or other IDE's such as Xcode or Visual Studio. The following in FB are indispensable to me and the reason I use FB:

• Package Explorer
  • Outline (Cmd-O)
  • Code hints
  • Code assist and completion
  • Auto entry of relevant import statements

So until the Animate CC text editor has these views and shortcuts, I will want to do ALL MY CODE EDITING in FB. And until the debug link problem has been identified and corrected, I will not update Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the newest Animate CC update resolve the problem I described?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that future updates of Adobe Animate will have any fixes related to Flash Builder. Outside of using a version that previously worked for you, I don't have a better idea.

You can install two versions of Adobe Animate on your computer, but run only one at a time.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody at Adobe should actually KNOW if future updates of Adobe Animate will have any fixes related to Flash Builder.

Has this issue even been reported to the Animate programmers?

Just because Flash Builder will no longer be updated shouldn't mean in future versions of Animate, the communication between Flash Builder and Animate is destroyed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different problems. One is that I think good Flash Builder integration worked with the Project view in Flash Pro, and that feature has gone away. The other thing is that you used to be able to edit class files in an external editor, and you could use Flash Builder for that. That too has been taken away.

You could request at least the external class editor feature to be returned.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the external class editor feature isn't a Flash Builder issue. I think you used to be able to choose any text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dr_melzie, I ran into issues with other bugs in version 16.0.0.112, so I had to upgrade, but the debugger and breakpoint integration with Flash Builder 4.7 still works in Animate 16.0.1.119 also, just not 16.1.0 (yet?). It's weird because I don't think it worked in the previous version of 16.0.1.x but it does in 16.0.1.119, and downloading the previous version of 16.0.1 isn't an option anymore in CC that I can see, just "(2017) 16.0.1" is listed and it will install 16.0.1.119. So hopefully it's on their list and it will show up as fixed in the next or final version of 16.1.0 also.

This thread is referring to the same bug and is what I saw that made me try 16.0.1 again...

Flash Builder and Animate no longer integrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines