Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title behind a crowd of people

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have footage of a dance performance on stage that I would like to add a title to. The footage begins on a fairly dark stage with a purple background screen, the dancers enter onto the stage as silhouettes in front of the screen. I would like to add the title of the dance onto the purple screen behind the dancers. How would I go about doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot pull a procedural matte then you are stuck with rotoscope. Rotoscope, especially with multiple subjects in the shot, going to be a long and tedious process.

A procedural matte is using a procedure like Keylight or by adjusting the channel values to create a hight contrast matte that can be used to separate foreground and background elements. Without seeing at least a typical frame from your shot it is impossible to give you a step by step solution. If there is enough contrast and the footage is significantly free of compression artifacts you may be able to pull a procedural matte of some kind.

From the way your question was worded I think you may be new to After Effects. Either technique will require some research and practice. Don't expect a one click solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked with Premiere for a while now however I am new to After Effects, thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show is a frame of your movie and we can probably point you directly to a solution. If you are on windows just press the Print Screen button and then paste into the reply field of this forum. If you are on a Mac then Ctrl/Cmnd + Shift + 3 and drag the screenshot into the reply field. Takes about 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a frame a2 ballet.00_00_05_12.Still002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like rotoscoping is the only option you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or put it on the upper 2/3 of the magenta screen.  It's magenta, not purple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FlorianD,

What did you end up doing to create your effect? Did any of the suggestions our experts made help you out? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines