• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributed documents for signature do not return to me.

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help, as I have a very frustrating problem. I am trying to use the digital signature function within Adobe standard 9.4. I save my word document to a PDF. I enter form editing, add a new field <Digital Signature>, distribute form, send it automatically using Adobe, enter the recipients names and send. For some reason when all the recipients have signed the document digitally and hit the <submit> button all the recipients documents are returned to my colleague, regardless of the document or recipients they are always returned to this guys email. I have recently reinstalled Adobe standard 9.4 but the problem persists. Can any body assist in advising the possible reason and provide a solution. Regards

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Adobe Acrobat 9.4?

If so, support for that product ended in June of 2013. There've been lots of improvements to signature workflows since then.

I suspect that there are still preferences for your colleague on that system. Uninstalling and reinstalling wouldn't clear those. You probably need to clear your registry of all Acrobat entries. It's also possible that the return address is coded into the PDF. Without the file, it's hard to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joel. It is Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard version 9.4.5. The document was created and issued for signature by me so I am not sure how it would even know my colleges email address. I created the document in both Adobe and Nova PDF with the same result. Can you advise how to clear all registries of all Acrobat entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of registry tools but the ones you need to delete, you may not even have access to. Check with your IT department for what they'd recommend.

Also, try starting with a new document from scratch and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with several new documents and test pages with the same result.  I have also emailed the document to another colleague and had him distribute it for signing and the signed documents are returned to him OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example file somewhere? Dropbox perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joel,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been away on business. I have put a document in the drop box at the following URL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54102039/Digital%20Signature%20test%20document.pdf

Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines